Simba Gold Corp. (TSX.V: SGD) is a gold exploration company focused on the development of quality assets in Africa. Simba owns 26% of Rogi Mining Limited (“Rogi”) and has an option to purchase up to 100% over five years. Rogi owns three properties in Rwanda, with the principal asset being the Miyove Gold Project which comprises 2,937 hectares over the largest historic gold-producing area in the country. Simba completed a surface exploration in December 2011 which included detailed mapping, sampling and a geophysical survey. The results of the program provided sufficient information for designing a 5,000 m drill program which began in June 2012.
- June 2012: 5,000 m drill program commenced
- Miyove Gold Project drill results to date include:
– 5.58 m averaging 1.21 g/t gold, including 2.15 g/t gold over 2.57 m in hole MY-11-05
– 24.69 m averaging 0.61 g/t gold, including 1.12 g/t gold over 7.54 m in hole MY-11-02
- Established infrastructure on the Miyove Gold Project with road, water and commercial power access
- Stable, supportive, pro-mining government in Rwanda
- Management team with several years of in-country experience